School Site Council
25 days ago
- Kim Kidd, Kindergarten teacher
- Kara Palmquist, 3rd-grade teacher
- Angelica Stanfield, supplemental teacher
- Jill Anderson, Librarian
Sipherd Elementary Library
about 1 year ago
Open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M.
Students are welcome before school, during recess, during intermediate lunch, or after school to check out books, do homework, take AR quizzes, or read quietly.
Students may take the Accelerated Reader (AR) quizzes in their classroom or the computer lab or library at recess or lunch under supervision of the librarian. They receive points to reach point levels and have their pictures taken when these levels are reached. Their pictures appear on a bulletin board in our library and recognition is given during morning announcements. Awards, certificates, and treats are utilized throughout the year to encourage students to keep reading.
- The students selects an AR book that reflects the appropriate independent reading level.
- The student reads the book.
- The student takes a computer test.
- The student is awarded points based on the difficulty of the book and the test score.